UPDATE: You can now find everything about Composers for Relief on our brand new website -> http://www.ComposersForRelief.com
This website being online since March 2013 it was time to start a bigger project to help the people who need it most these days: Together with musicians from all over the globe over 30 composers from 16 countries in the world contributed 28 tracks to raise funds for the victims of Super Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan). All profits will go to Gawad Kalinga (“give care”) and GVSP (Gualandi Volunteer Service Programme) supporting the efforts in distributing food packs and rebuilding the destroyed cities of more than 12 million people who have been affected by the typhoon. Gawad Kalinga and GVSP have been chosen after consultation with locals in the Philippines.
“Composers for Relief: Supporting the Philippines” is a compilation of 16 newly composed tracks as well as 12 not commercially available to the public, rearranged pieces from composers for movie scores, tv series, commercials, games and trailers. Up and coming composers, the youngest being 14 and 16, as well as already established award winning composers and musicians collaborated to raise as many funds as possible.
- A New Dawn – Satnam Ramgotra, Nicolas Neidhardt, Wayne Sharpe
- Our Nature – Valentin Boomes
- Existence – Nick Murray
- Spes Et Libertas – Iliya Zaki
- Rise Again – Red Ochsenbein feat. Deane Ogden & Stefan Schroff
- A Cup of Peace – Attila Áts
- Continuum – Ed Watkins
- Rebirth – Tera feat. Gabriel Lee
- Dumakulem – Juan Iglesias
- God Is With You – Hendric Bünck feat. Pascale Scarabin
- The Best Is yet to Come – Daniel Vulcano feat. Fabiano Pereira
- This Is Not the End – Petteri Sainio
- Hymn of Faith – Jochem Weierink
- Fighting Back – Dreammaker
- Aurora – Renan Javier Cabrera
- Right Time – Brisom
- Into the Unknown – Geoffrey Vernon
- Renaissance – Ainan Celeste Cawley
- Beautiful Life – Lauri Koivisto
- Hope – Debbie Teong feat. Hope [the singer’s name really is Hope]
- The Power of Will – Ivan Torrent
- Moonside – Raphael Tschernuth
- The Phoenix – Celestia
- New Days – Coldnoise
- Your Heart Is Brave – Synthphonia feat. Monika Emat
- Requiem for a Queen – M² feat. Dina Fanai [M² consists of Michael A. Levine & Man Parrish]
- No More – Phillip Lober feat. Cedric Hyon
- One – Ryo Ishido feat. Nik Kershaw
The Philippines and its music industry are represented by Brisom, an Indie Rock band around singer- songwriter Brian Sombero from Makati.
Credits of the composers and artists include main melodies for the most played online game “League of Legends”, placements in trailers for “Pirates of the Carribean”, “Philomena”, “Star Trek Into Darkness” “Dallas Buyers Club”, “Looper” as well as contributions to the soundtracks and scores for series (e.g. “Cold Case”) or movies (“Hunger Games Catching Fire”, “Pacific Rim”, “Man of Steel”, “Rush”, “The Dark Knight Rises”, …) – leaving alone multiple placements in commercials and tv shows.
Additionally Ryo Ishido’s contribution alone brought together over 40 artists collaborating over 11 month including Nik Kershaw and Michael Sadler from SAGA as well as Tina Guo and Alex Pfeffer featured again in multiple scores for media. Being an independent project it will also be available as a single very soon. Its raised funds as a single will go to the Children’s Hunger Fund.
“Composers for Relief: Supporting the Philippines” has been mastered by self employed musician and teacher Simeon Harris.
“Fighting Back” has been mixed by Benjamin Müller.
The album is available on ITunes, Amazon, CDBaby, Spotify, Bandcamp and many other platforms. Listen to some of the tracks here via soundcloud. If you have access to spotify you will also find every single track on the right of this article free to stream.
Here also for you in big the awesome cover desgin by Ryo Ishido: